- 110g (4 oz) margarine (dairy-free)*
- 170g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk*
- 170g (6 oz) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
Prep:15min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease and line a 23x13x7cm cake tin.
- Beat the first 6 ingredients and the lemon zest together until smooth and creamy. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Heat the lemon juice and stir in the icing sugar. While still hot in the tin, poke holes in the top of the cake with a knife or skewer and pour the lemon mixture evenly over cake. (Alternatively, if lemon sauce is poured over cool cake, it gives a glaze to the top.)
- Dust with a little icing sugar and Enjoy.