Friday 7 November 2014

Sweet Potato and Orange salad || My Favourite Recipes | Foodie Friday

 This recipe is a family favourite in my house. My Mum passed it down to me, and she got it from my Aunt. In New Zealand we tend to use "kÅ«mara" which is a New Zealand variety of sweet potato, but your average "sweet potato" will work just as well. This salad is perfect on the side or on its own. A mixture of sweet, sour and crunch, this salad recipe is always a crowd pleaser, and is super simple.
Sweet Potato and Orange Salad Recipe, Recipe, Dairy free, delicious, favourite, best



Ingredients: (serves 6-8)
Salad:
1 kg Sweet Potato
1/2 cup raisins (or sultanas)
1 orange
1 small red onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup chopped parsley
3 rashers of bacon (rind removed)
(place bacon to the side if vegetarians are eating it, it can be added later)

Orange Mayonnaise:
(can be prepared the day before)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Peel sweet potato and cook in boiling water until tender. Drain, cool slightly and cut into small cubes (2cm)
Grill bacon until crisp, then removed from heat and crumble it.
Place sweet potato and bacon in bowl with raisins.
Peel orange, removing pith, and cut into cubes.
Peel onion and chop finely. Add orange, onion, celery and parsley to sweet potato mix.
Gently toss all ingredients with the orange mayo.

Enjoy. If you make this recipe please tag me on instagram, I would love to see your photos.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin - oh dear, where did my comment end up? I thought I commented on the bonfire post!

    To answer your question, I have a lifestyle blog at www.skinnedcartree.com :)

    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. It went straight into my email inbox for some reason, how bizarre.

      Delete

Leave me a comment...